Why does the Childcare Sector need effective security and access control?
Safety and security consistently rank in the Top 5 most important considerations for parents when choosing a nursery for their child. Mumsnet lists it in the Top 3.
A nursery, creche or kindergarten can have superb staff, play facilities and excellent safeguarding, but if they don’t get the fundamentals of security right, the company will be at risk from a bad Ofsted report, or worse, an incident in which a child, staff member or parent is hurt or abducted.
Protect the perimeters
- Unauthorised people entering the nursery or grounds
- The potential for a child to escape or be taken
- Vandalism of external areas
- Protect nursery doors with biometric access control, so only authorised people can gain access
- Remotely open any door in your nursery via your mobile or the software
- Reports detail exact movements of staff and parents
- CCTV to monitor grounds, outside play areas and external access points.
- Unauthorised access to staff areas
- Theft or robbery
- Children or parents accessing other age group areas
- Fingerprint readers secure staffrooms, offices, differing age groups
- CCTV provides evidence in the event of theft
- Alerts can be set to trigger if doors are wedged open
Protect children and staff
- Children being assaulted by other children, or staff mistreatment
- Staff members being attacked, verbally abused or assaulted
- CCTV acts as a deterrent, staff know they are being monitored
- CCTV also means protection for staff in the event of a false claim
- Recordings gives you evidence in the event of an alleged safeguarding incident of a child
Health and safety
- Accidents happen; both preventable and unpreventable
- Quick evacuation in the event of an emergency
- False claims are a threat to nurseries both financially and reputationally
- Recorded footage helps provide training opportunities and prevent further incidents where avoidable
- Connect biometric readers to the fire alarm; set to automatically disengage upon activation of the fire alarm
- Safety monitoring protects your nursery from false and exaggerated claims from staff, parents or casual visitors
- The childcare sector often relies on part time, work experience and trainee staff; it’s vital to have a robust system to check billed hours against actual.
- Familiarity can mean that habitual tardiness goes un-reported or checked.
- The Almas Biometric time and attendance solution is a reliable, simple and effective tool allowing you to get rid of cumbersome paper, card, key or pin-based attendance management systems, which are prone to falsification, error and inaccuracy. Read more
Why Almas? The Right Solution, For Your Childcare Business
Almas are experts in security for the early years’ childcare sector. We will build you an integrated security solution to protect your nursery, creche or pre-school and can advise you of your responsibilities under GDPR. We offer a range of payment options including no upfront cost and full maintenance. Almas customers have access to a technical hotline 24/7 and strict support SLAs. Set yourselves apart from the competition as well as improving security and saving time.
What do our customers say?
"Abacus Ark Nursery uses Almas biometric access control"Read full case study
"I would recommend Almas and Biometric Access system to any business as there is no safer way to guard our entry to the nursery"Read full case study
"Kidz Biz, a day nursery in Dublin, has installed Almas Industries Biometric readers to control and secure all the entrances."Read full case study
"Little Big Town play centre uses Almas CCTV to monitor their business 24-hours a day. "Read full case study
"We have total control over access to the building and that’s really important in terms of security."Read full case study
"We chose the biometric access control system because you offer so many different types of package"Read full case study
If you would like more information, or to arrange a free security audit with one of our security consultants…
You can call us, or complete your details and we will get in touch with you